A true family favourite.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
Cream cheese icing
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar
- 250 g cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan; line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer mixture to large bowl; using wooden spoon, stir in sifted dry ingredients, banana, sour cream and milk. Spread mixture into pan
- Bake cake about 50 minutes. Stand cake 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- To make cream cheese icing, beat sifted icing sugar and cream cheese in small bowl, on medium speed, with electric mixer until mixture is smooth.
- Spread cold cake with cream cheese icing.