Curried chicken, cauliflower and broccoli bake
Curried chicken, cauliflower and broccoli bake, chicken recipe, brought to you by Australian Women's Weekly
- 1 barbecued chicken or 750g chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 1/2 medium (750g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 300 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 75 g butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- steamed rice, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- If using a barbecued chicken, remove the flesh from the bones, then break the breast and thighs into a few pieces. If using thigh fillets, heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned and cooked through.
- Microwave cauliflower in a covered dish on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, cover and microwave for a further 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain. Place chicken, cauliflower and broccoli in a shallow 1.5 litre (10-cup capacity) ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add curry powder and sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.