This classic flavour-packed recipe provides a quick family dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes. Packed full of protein and wonderful spices, it ticks all the taste and nutrition boxes.
- 1 kg cooked school prawns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.