Easy S'mores cake
This incredible layered chocolate cake is beautiful topped with a rich fudge sauce and sweet marshmallows. It's easy to make, but looks (and tastes) really impressive!
Easy smores cake
- 3 x 600g packet mud cakes
- 250 g packet wheatmeal biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted
- 2 x 300g jars chocolate fudge sauce
- 750 g cream cheese, chopped
- 250 g white marshmallows, halved, plus extra to decorate
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 1/3 cup boiling water
Easy smores cake
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease and line three 22cm round spring-form cake pans.
- Prepare mud cakes following packet instructions. Set aside to cool. Trim tops from cakes to level if needed, and return 2 to greased and lined spring-form pans. Set third cake aside.
- Reserve two wheatmeal biscuits. In a food processor pulse remaining biscuits until crumbs from. Add butter, pulsing until combined.
- Dollop 2 tablespoons of fudge sauce over each mud cake in pans, spreading evenly (see tips). Divide biscuit mixture evenly over each, pressing to level. Chill 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream cheese, marshmallow, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla on medium, stirring until melted and smooth.
- In a small jug whisk gelatine into boiling water until dissolved. Whisk into marshmallow mixture until combined. Cool slightly, then pour over biscuit layers in pans. Chill 4 hours until set.
- Place one cheesecake topped cake on a serving plate. Dollop with 1 tablespoon fudge sauce, spreading evenly. Top with remaining cheesecake topped cake. Spread with 1 tablespoon fudge sauce, then top with reserved plain mud cake.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of fudge sauce. Pour remaining over top of cake, allowing it to drizzle down sides. Roughly crush reserved biscuits. Sprinkle over top with extra marshmallows. Drizzle with reserved sauce.