The only thing better than Kingston biscuits are homemade ones. These coconuty chewy morsels filled with chocolate ganache go perfectly with a cuppa.
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 100 g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 60 g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Make the ganache. In a small saucepan, bring cream almost to the boil on high. Remove from heat and stir chocolate through until melted and smooth. Chill for 30 minutes until thick and spreadable.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and golden syrup. Fold flour, coconut and oats through until combined.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on trays 4cm apart. Flatten with a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on trays.
- Sandwich biscuits with chocolate ganache and chill until firm.
Keep screen on while I cookDone! Your screen will stay awake for an hour or until you leave this page.
Keep your screen alive while you cook. No more shutting down mid-recipe. Your screen will stay on for an hour with no impact on your device settings.