This is a foolproof method for making lemonade scones. Simply pour and mix - no more overworked dough!
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup cream, plus 300ml extra
- 1 cup lemonade, chilled
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- strawberry jam, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Grease and flour a 23cm (base measurement) square slab cake pan. Shake off excess flour.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well at centre. Add cream and lemonade to flour. Using a round-bladed knife, mix ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Press dough into a 3cm-thick round. Using a 5.5cm round cookie cutter, cut dough into 16 rounds (re-roll offcuts if necessary). Place rounds, side by side, in prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until scones are golden and sound hollow when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat extra cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Serve scones with cream and jam.