The use of lemonade means you no longer have to spend time rubbing butter and flour together.
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- tbsp pinch of salt
- flour, for dusting
- jam and cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Lightly flour a baking tray.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix lightly until combined. Scrape onto a floured surface. Knead lightly and shape into a rectangle about 3 cm high. Cut dough into roughly 5cm squares, being careful not to overwork.
- Lightly dust with flour and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Serve with jam and cream.