Melting moments are so called for a reason. They are but for a moment on the plate, and then these delectable little biscuits are melting in your mouth. Your guests will need no encouragement to have a second.
- 250 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture, extra
- 80 g butter
- 2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to moderately slow.
- Beat butter, essence and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in combined sifted flours in two batches. With lightly floured hands, roll 2-level-teaspoon portions of mixture into balls and place about 3cm apart on baking-paper-lined oven trays. Flatten slightly with a floured fork.
- Bake in moderately slow oven about 15 minutes or until biscuits are a pale-straw colour. Stand 5 minutes before lifting onto wire racks to cool.
- For butter cream, beat butter, sifted icing sugar and rind in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in juice.
- Sandwich two biscuits together with a teaspoon of butter cream to serve. Dust with sifted extra icing sugar.