Little mocha cheesecakes
Pairing our two favourite things, coffee and chocolate, these super creamy cheesecakes are the ultimate afternoon indulgence.
- 250 g plain chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 300 g sour cream
- 125 g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 cup (60ml) just-boiled water
- 1 1/2 tbsp gelatine
- whipped cream and grated chocolate, to serve
- Place 3 x 2cm-wide strips of baking paper into each of 18 medium muffin pans, crossing at centre and extending over top by 5cm.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into each muffin pan and press down firmly with base of a small glass or bottle. Chill for 20 minutes, until firm.
- Meanwhile, make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and caster sugar together. Blend in sour cream and melted chocolate. Set aside.
- Dissolve coffee in water, then vigorously whisk in gelatine with a fork to dissolve. Beat into chocolate mixture. Divide filling among bases. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove cakes by lifting with paper strips. Serve topped with whipped cream and grated chocolate.