Pineapple jam, pineapple recipe, brought to you by Australian Women's Weekly
- 1 bunch pineapple (2kg), peeled, cored, chopped coarsely
- 1.25 L (5 cups) water
- 2/3 cup (160ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1.3 kg (6 cups) sugar
- Combine pineapple, the water and juice in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until pineapple is soft.
- Stir in sugar; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, about 30 minutes or until jam jells when tested.
- Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars; seal while hot.