One of The Australian Women's Weekly's most popular recipes, this tasty zucchini slice is super healthy and versatile. Enjoy it warm with a side salad, as a vegetable side dish to your main meal, or refrigerated and popped in a lunchbox for work.
- 375 g zucchini, finely grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- salt, pepper
- parsley sprig, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese, sifted flour, oil, and lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well greased lamington tin (16cm x 26cm).
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until well browned.
- Cut into squares and garnish with parley, if desired, before serving.